Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Where to find fall in Copenhagen

So, the other day I went snooping around this restaurant, currently named the number one restaurant in the world or something like that. Now, I'm not too concerned with rankings, and if you've met me you know that I find most food to be quite delicious, including the cheapest hotdogs here in CPH. I can't afford a meal here, and I hear the reservations are booked solid for months... But, since the restaurant is in my neighborhood, I thought I might as well go peak in the windows and see what people were eating. (Turns out it was something like oysters and sea beans...hmmm)

Well, on the way I started to realize that we are well into autumn, yet the signs are not very apparent, at least not in the ways I've come to expect. Rain? Coming in stormy bursts, though I hear the weather has been miraculously clear this year, something I am grateful for. Autumn leaves? It turns out there are not that many street trees in Copenhagen. There are a number of parks, but they are mostly enclosed, meticulously groomed spaces. You can however, start to see colorful leaves floating down the canals.

Another place to find fall colors is on my almost-daily running route along the ramparts. I run in the evenings, and lately it is pretty dark by the time I'm up there, making it hard to see all of the colorful things happening around me. I went out early the other day, and this is what I saw:

Here's my cute little apartment.

Plenty of paths, for humans and their furry companions. The path is very crunchy with leaves these days.

The view out along the canal, full of water birds. They seem to be thinning out, they must be headed south for the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment