Sunday, August 29, 2010

Louisiana

Last week I was fortunate to accompany Jen Dee's architecture class from the Copenhagen Classroom on a trip to the Louisiana Museum. I had visited the museum before, but I was amazed at how much I missed the first time I was there. These photos sum up some of my favorite parts of the museum, and some of the things I missed on my first visit.


For example, this slide:


There were some nice quiet corners in the part of the museum that is closed while they prepare for the upcoming Anselm Kiefer exhibit.


Here I found a little patch of astroturf intended to cover an exposed pipe on the lawn. I don't think it blends in as well as they hoped.


This path around the outside of the closed portion of the museum was and still is one of my favorite things about the grounds. It is so narrow that it is hard to tell whether this space is open to the public. The path incorporates storm water drainage, with a channel on one side and tiny steps on the other side. You can branch off by the large drain pipe to go down to the beach, or continue around the building.


I love the random incorporation of cobbles into mushy parts of the lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment