Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Last Day

I should mention that I am home in Seattle now. I got home just in time for a rare Seattle snowstorm and a delicious Thanksgiving dinner with family. I am still combing through the digital mountains of photographs that I took in my last few weeks. However, here are some shots from my last day in Copenhagen. I went out to see the Munkegåards Skolen, an elementary school north of the city center that was designed originally by Arne Jacobsen in 1956. It is a listed historic building, with new extension and renovation by Dorte Mandrup, one of my favorite architects.

Here are some photos I took of the school, though as you can see I needed a much wider angled lens for this place... For better photos and interior shots of the remodel, click here.



Also, on the long bike ride out to the school, Ellen and I stopped at another building I hadn't visited in Copenhagen yet: Grundtvig's Church. Just like a giant pipe organ composed entirely of yellow brick. Pretty cool!




No comments:

Post a Comment